Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Men are from Mars, I'm NOT from Venus

It took me 2 days to finish this:

 

DSC00129               DSC00127

 

It was 606 pages thick.

 

Currently, I'm reading this:

 

DSC00131             DSC00130

 

Today is the 5th day and I'm still halfway through reading it. And oh, it's only 286 pages.

 

Go figure.

 

Anyways, this book; Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, never succeeded in enticing me despite seeing it sitting on the bookshelf in every book store for the past years. I'm not BIG on self-help books. In fact, this is my first (and my last, no doubt). You see, to me, this kind of books are full of shit. No offense but I should be able to figure out what a guy with a balding head can, can't I?

I only bought it because of Fakrul's recommendation. When he mentioned about the BIOLOGICAL part of men and women, it got me interested. But guess what? I'm already on page 164 and there's still no scientific stuff mentioned so far. Maybe it's on page 280 do you think?

 

After 5 days of forcing myself to read it and failing miserably to digest its content, I gave it to my mum.

 

So it's not a waste of RM 36.90 after all. She's in a relationship with my dad! Isn't that what the book is all about? A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR IMPROVING COMMUNICATION AND GETTING WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR RELATIONSHIPS.

 

Hey, I'm not saying this book is totally bogus. In fact, when I read it, I found most of the information correct and helpful. Should I be able to finish it, I would understand the opposite sex perfectly. Only that I don't need to, and I don't want to. Thus, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, is so not my type.

Consider I'm too shallow ; )

2 comments:

syashot said...

Salam

hehe..klak dah sampe masa, ktk pinjam balit buku ya dari mak ktk.. :P

(^_^)

Terence said...

looks like someone's utilizing her new camera well :P