Thursday, October 11, 2007

Her name was Toru II


That's Toru-the-second. Because she really was the second Toru.

Her fur, a mixture of white and grey. She was beautiful.

Even when she's all skin and bone, she was still beautiful.

Remember, the first time I saw her?

Mum just bought her from the pet shop.

She was in a box. 3 months old. She was so small, she would fit right into my palm.

I squealed in delight. Jumping up and down.

She was a baby and she looked so pretty.

That was 3 years ago.

She's been with me since she was still a baby. From a baby to a mother.

I was so proud of her.

I didn't know how long I sat in the garden last night.

Cuddling her and persuading her to eat.

I didn't know how long I sat there and cried.

The wind was strong. And it was cold.

I wanted, if it was her last night, then..

Let her enjoyed it. Let her felt at home.

Let her felt the grass. Let her felt the wind.

For one last time.

She laid still in my arms.

She didn't even have the energy to run about. Like she used to.

I never saw any of my rabbits being so thin before. Only too fat.

But last night, she was so thin.

Did she know she was dying?

I willed her to be strong. Only until the next morning. So Dad could bring her to the vet.

But as always, she didn't listen to me.

She never listened to me.

She was one of my rabbits who lived long enough.

For me to come to know and love.

I loved her as my own daughter.

And her death,

left me heartbroken.

No comments: